THUNDERBIRD INDEPENDENT ALUMNI ASSOCIATION, INC.
Copyright © 2014 Thunderbird Independent Alumni Association, Inc. All rights reserved.
Revised April 2, 2014
Welcome to the Thunderbird Independent Alumni Association, Inc. (“TIAA”) web site. TIAA is an Arizona non-profit corporation that is presently in the process of applying for 501(c)(3) status. TIAA is not affiliated with the Thunderbird School of Global Management (“Thunderbird”), but is an independent alumni association, comprised of, and overseen by Thunderbird Alumni, dedicated to giving alumni a voice in the affairs of the school, as well as mentoring graduates, empowering and supporting regional chapters, and enhancing global business at large.
Use of Site
You agree to use this Site only for lawful purposes relating to your membership, or possible membership in TIAA. TIAA is a non-profit corporation, in the process of applying for tax-exempt status, and you agree that you will not, under any circumstances, use the Site for organized partisan political activities. Additionally, you agree that you will NOT use the Site to do any of the following:
1. Upload or transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful, bigoted or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable according to the TIAA community standards.
2. Upload, store, maintain, forward or display adult content, including documents and images of a lewd or lascivious nature.
3. Violate the legal rights of others (including without limitation the right to privacy), or violate the laws of any jurisdiction.
4. Discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities.
5. Impersonate any person or entity, or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
6. Upload or otherwise transmit any content or data that you do not have the legal right to upload or transmit, that violates any patent, trademark, trade secret, or copyright, or is proprietary, or that contains a virus or deliberately corrupted data. You represent that you have full rights to transmit the data and content you upload or post, and you accept the full responsibility for its legality, reliability and appropriateness.
7. Collect information about others (including contact information and email addresses) without their consent.
8. Upload or otherwise transmit any content, or engage in any activity that constitutes advertising or any form of commercial solicitation.
9. Engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by TIAA administrators, (a) may harm TIAA or users of the Site, or (b) may expose them to liability.
10. Access, download, use or export the Information in violation of U.S. export laws or regulations, or in violation of any applicable local laws or regulations.
Use of Content
Subject to the limitations set forth herein, TIAA hereby authorizes you to view, print, copy and distribute information published by TIAA on this or any other publicly accessed site maintained by TIAA's World Wide Web server linked to this Legal Notice (collectively, the "Sites"), provided that (a) the information may only be used privately and internally (by you or any third party to whom you distribute it) and only for informational, non-commercial purposes; (b) no modification of any such information may be made; (c) no fee may be charged for distribution of any information to any third party; and (d) any and all copyright or other proprietary notices that appear herein, together with this Legal Notice, must appear on all copies that you make or distribute.
If you are a Member of TIAA, you will receive a user name and password which are used to log in to your account. TIAA has two different types of Members. Non-paid Members have registered on the website but have not paid TIAA’s membership fee and are not entitled to cast votes on voting matters. Paid Members have also registered on the website, and have additionally paid TIAA’s membership fee and with certain exceptions, are fully entitled to cast votes on voting matters. There are several levels of paid membership. Please visit Thunderbird Independent Alumni Association Membership Structure and Member Bylaws for more information about memberships and voting rights.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password, and you are likewise fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account. If you are accessing this Site from a shared computer (such as in a public library), you must be careful to log out of the account and close the browser before leaving the workstation. If you suspect that your account has been compromised in any way, you must immediately notify TIAA. TIAA is not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the provisions of this section.
Privacy and Protection of Personal Information
Copyright Restrictions/Use of Content
All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork and computer code (collectively, “Content”), including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel” and arrangement of such Content, contained on the Site is owned, controlled or licensed by or to TIAA, and is protected by trade dress, copyright, trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws.
The following activities and uses are specifically not authorized, and are prohibited:
1. Any use of the Site, or of any information or Content on the Site, to create competing or derivative works;
2. Any distribution to others of any information or Content on the Site as if it were your own;
3. Any sale, reproduction or use of any information or Content on the Site without TIAA’s express written permission.
TIAA respects the intellectual property rights of others, and expects its users to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), TIAA has designated an agent to receive notifications of alleged copyright infringement association with the Site. TIAA will, upon receiving proper notice, act to remove or disable access to any such material as set forth in the DMCA. If you believe that your copyrighted work in being infringed, please notify us.
All information related to our products and services provided via the Sites, including the entirety of content, whether user-generated or provided directly by TIAA, and also including without limitation, professional and social networking functionalities, email, membership directories, member profiles, online store, software programs, software code, offerings, or programs, statements of future directions, "white papers" or other materials of TIAA, and/or its subsidiaries, affiliates or licensors (collectively, "Information") is intended for informational purposes only and is subject to change or withdrawal by TIAA at any time without notice. TIAA assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the Information.
TIAA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR EMAIL SENT FROM THE SITE, OR ANY CONTENT, SERVICE OR FEATURE OF THE SITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, NOR DOES TIAA WARRANT THAT THE FOREGOING WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. ALL INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
IF YOU RELY ON INFORMATION OR ADVICE PROVIDED ON THIS SITE, YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOU ARE DOING SO ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. TIAA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR INJURY OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE HEREOF.
IN NO EVENT WILL TIAA BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THE SITES, THE INFORMATION, OR ON ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF TIAA IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, AND IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY, BUT SHALL INSTEAD BE IMPUTED AS REWRITTEN SO AS TO APPROXIMATE THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY THE LAWS OF SUCH JURISDICTION.
If you are a member of the Thunderbird Independent Alumni Association, TIAA reserves the right to suspend or close your account if you do not renew your membership when it is due to expire, in accordance with policies posted on the Site and/or renewal notices sent by email or regular mail. For a more complete statement concerning your rights and obligations as a TIAA member, please see the Thunderbird Independent Alumni Association Membership Structure and Member Bylaws.
“Thunderbird Independent Alumni Association,” “TIAA,” and any other TIAA product names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of TIAA and may not be used without written permission of TIAA.
Unless expressly provided otherwise by TIAA, all comments, feedback, information or materials submitted to TIAA through or in association with the Sites shall be considered non-confidential and the property of TIAA. By submitting such comments, feedback, information or materials to TIAA, you agree to a no-charge assignment to TIAA of all universal rights, title and interest in copyrights and other intellectual property rights to the comments, feedback, information or materials. TIAA shall be free to use, copy or distribute such comments, feedback, information or materials on an unrestricted basis without accounting to you.
Links to Third
Governing Law and
If you have any questions concerning legal or other matters described above, contact the TIAA by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone at (480) 840-1224.